It's not cricket

I remember Dad returning from a local cricket match bemoaning the falling standards of the game.  Then, when watching a professional match, he was critical of the behaviour of some players who, he said, failed to demonstrate team spirit, and their performance within the game made them unworthy of his support.

Sometimes I find myself becoming similarly disenchanted by matters surrounding my own subject of interest.  When falsehoods within mediumship are deliberately demonstrated, which cause the truth to become doubted.  Some of these falsehoods being a simple slight of hand, or word from mouth, possibly for no reason aside from a personal desire for amusement.  Other deceptions are demonstrated for financial gain and cloaked within a mistaken belief that it's ok to 'pad' the truth when ability or circumstance prevents the honest demonstration of spiritually effected phenomena.  At the end of the day, demonstrations of genuine physical mediumship are becoming increasingly difficult to discover.

That's not all that I find disheartening though.  When mediumship has become developed to a standard that offers true evidence of survival, it seems then to be accompanied by a desire by some to create standards by which to measure ability.  Then others get on the band wagon, attracted by an offered opportunity to make gains for themselves...through the promotion and encouragement of group ethics.  Ego feeding upon ego. 

So, for a moment I feel disheartened.  It is a good thing that a moment is what it is, just a miniscule 'blip' in the continuum of time.  For in the next moment all is well.