What is migration?

What is migration?  It is the movement of animals from one region to another.
Birds naturally migrate when weather conditions result in food shortages in one area. 
Animals do the same...when their habitat cannot support them, or their environment becomes unsafe, they move elsewhere in response to a natural instinct for survival.
Humans strive to migrate for the same reasons...but unlike all other forms of wildlife, humans go to great lengths to make the migration of members of their own species as difficult as possible...
 
 
Further to this is the matter of children being forcefully separated from their parents, without documentation that might enable their return (early 2018 in the USA). 
My sons are adult and if I couldn't see them and wasn't able to respond to their call for help, as a mother I would go bonkers with anxiety...so I can only imagine the fear felt by young children, and the heartbreak felt by their parents as a result of this policy on migration.
 
I read a post written by a mother (in the USA) and published on Facebook today...this is part of that post:
“They shouldn’t have come here.” (This comes from such a place of deep entitlement I don’t even know where to begin. I wonder if these speakers even see the irony in their telling someone else where they are permitted to be when their own existence in that very country is a happy accident of birth. How I wish these speakers would awaken in Nicaragua or a gang-ridden city in Mexico. I would cross the globe to keep my daughters safe, don’t sneer down your nose at someone who realizes how lucky you are.)
I am not saying this is the Holocaust. But I am saying it’s prejudiced and deeply wrong. I am saying it is a crime against humanity. I am saying the world is watching us in the state of horror and judgement we should all be feeling.
These families are coming here because they have no where else to go. Because they think we are safe. They are calling out for us in the dark of the night and we are answering as the monster in the closet. 

I understand that President Trump has now signed an executive order to reverse the process of child/parent separation, thereby making himself the hero of the day...although I am aware that the president’s order effectively throws the fate of the approximately 2,000 children currently in the custody of DHS and the Department of Health and Human Services, as well as those who will cross the border in the coming weeks, into the hands of the federal judiciary.