Homeless

This morning I happened to notice a Bristol news report.
Did you know this?  Bristol
Or this? Brislington

This is England for fox sake!  This is England, where unused buildings lay dormant and where campervans of a certain age that fail their MOT are scrapped, often despite them being dry within...and where old caravans too are similarly scrapped.  Both these types of vehicles often have cooking and toilet facilities.  Surely these could be used by a homeless person, and such a resource could potentially be made available without delay? 

Ok...I know 'no-one' wants to look at a field filled with old vehicles and heaped rubbish...but surely most streets in the UK have a parking place for just one such life-saving vehicle to help a homeless human being?  Surely if such a resource would enable one person to be sheltered the locals would rally round to help them too?  Wouldn't most people do this?

However...having read the newspaper report about the outcry against a homeless shelter in Brislington...one does wonder...

Maybe no-one cares?
Unexplained deaths...

Let's be honest about it...
I have a four bed house and in theory could offer a roof to three or four people in need.  But I'd not bring strangers into my home to live with me.  I don't trust strangers.
So...what prevents me going out and sharing caring in a social sense with homeless people?  I guess it'd frustrate me...because it's not enough. 
If then...a single campervan was parked by a charitable organisation, in the layby at the end of our road...and it was known that the occupant or occupants were vulnerable and had been housed there as part of a rehabilitation programme...would I run down the road to give them a food parcel or offer to help out in some other way?  Yes of course I would!  I think most people would...because in England we value our citizens.
Bristol