Living memories

I'd intended to clear out a large box full of stuff that's been under the bed for several years...when I became diverted by a smaller box that I'd forgotten was also under there.  Inside I found a wax art picture that had been made for me by a friend that I'd actually thought about last week whilst talking to someone else who knew him.  Also in the box was a tiny pair of yellow bootees...which were tissue wrapped...they'd belonged to my youngest son and I know I have a photo of him wearing them when he was just a few days old.  There was also a small purse with a gold locket in it...I remember who gave it to me...I must have been about 15 then.  The box was filled with reminders such as these...
I've two boxes besides the ones under the bed...these two are in the bottom of a wardrobe...they are both full of spirit-inspired art works and writings collected over the years.
My jewellery box is also full of items that hold memories...
I have a stack of family photo albums too...
I even have an umbrella that I bought with my very first pay packet...
These things are all treasures...
So...I pulled all the boxes out from under the bed, and dusted them...and put them all back...!