Visiting 'Elf'

My husband had slept alone on the night of Dec 4th as I'd retired to another room with intention to read into the early hours.  I had hosted a séance that evening prior to taking some paperwork to bed.  I remember looking at the clock at 1.40am...and fell asleep soon afterwards.

The following morning my husband, who is a steel fabrication engineer and not known for his imagination, asked whether I'd had any "strange visitors" when in séance the previous evening...to which I replied that I hadn't. 
He went on to describe how he'd woken around 3am to see a halo-encircled "Elf" figure in the mirrored wardrobe door beside his bed.  He'd sleepily assumed it to be a reflection of an ornament within the room reflected in a mirror.  However, upon looking around the room he discounted this possibility as there are no ornaments in the room remotely similar.  After a few minutes, he told the figure to go away as he needed to get his sleep!

Note:  There are two fairly regular spirit visitors who might present themselves visually in the manner my husband described, so currently I'm assuming a visit was made by one of them.