I was wandering around the shops t'other day when I bumped into a friend, Jill, who I've not seen for awhile...probably two years in fact. I told her that she looks well, as indeed she does, and asked what she's been up to, as you do.
She told me that she's moved house twice since last we met. She firstly sold her house and downsized to a place with noisy neighbours...so moved again, to a place where she's now happy. Suddenly she remembered something else that she wanted to tell me...
"Oh! I bumped in Judy! She was driving along and stopped her car, which shocked me as I didn't know who it was! Well..it was her...but she didn't pull over, she just stopped in the road and the cars queued up behind her! She said she's living with her son and her other son's bought a place in Scotland and she's travelling between the two! Oh...and...Anne's man has died...that's the second one she'd had that's died, or is it the third? It's three...her husband, and then that tall guy and now this one...she's not lucky with men...."
We agreed to meet up for coffee...as clearly there's a lot more to be said...!
