Yesterday I woke at 6am feeling energy-filled and keen to get a move on...then discovered that we had a power cut. So to begin with I put a saucepan of water on the gas hob ready for a cuppa...while I found battery-candles and placed them all around. Very cosy! However, by 8am, when my husband and house-guest friend had joined me and we were all wanting showers and so forth the novelty had worn off. We had arranged for a BBQ later in the day and wanted to get stuff prepared, as you do.
As time passed we learned that the power had been off since 1am...and although we didn't know it that morning...the problem (a broken underground cable) wasn't to be found and repaired until 4pm!
So...the three of us spent the day decorating the garden for a fancy BBQ...and then as soon as the electric came on at 4pm we were all dashing around like mad things preparing foodstuffs!

